Welcome to Boston’s Big IDEA
BOSTON’S BIG IDEA 2016 TOP 10 FINALISTS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!
This contest is a chance to showcase the success of visionaries like yourself, for us to see your innovative thinking in action and to give you the props you deserve (and a good chunk of change too!)
Who are we? G2 Technology Group, along with our partners, Amazon Web Services (AWS), The Crews Coaching Group, SmartBooks, WhatArmy and YEC/Founders Society, came together to celebrate the success of up and coming entrepreneurs (that’s YOU.)
Entrepreneurs are the engine that drives our economy, and we want to do our part to help local business get the word out about innovative business propositions.
There is a local scene of innovation here in Boston’s Innovation District, and we want to show future generations of entrepreneurs that their ‘Big IDEA’ means something to all of us here in the Boston community. We want to support the early stage companies with new business ideas, and supply the winner with a boost from experts in innovation, via a business critique, technical expertise, financial guidance, entrepreneurial community, and yes, even cold. hard. cash.
So before you read the fine print, here is a rundown of items you need to qualify:
- Must be a Massachusetts business
- Must have annual sales less than $1M
- Must have raised no more than $5M in capital investment funds
Online submissions should include:
- An Executive Summary of your Business Proposition
- A short “Elevator Pitch”
After we have reviewed all entries, we’ll choose 10 finalists, and ask them to create a 3 minute video and give a short presentation to the judging panel, which will be followed by a Q&A.
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Innovation & Creativity
- Likelihood of long term success and scalability
- Effectiveness in addressing a need in the marketplace
- Local impact
All 10 finalists will be invited to the awards ceremony in June 2016 (date and location TBD) where we will present your video to local community members, VC’s, and your friends and family. Here we will announce the winner of Boston’s Big IDEA, and it could be you!
Grand Prize: An Entrepreneur’s Dream Package
We’ve put together an assortment of awesomeness to help you launch your business to the next level!
- Cash – $5000 in CASH!
- Credit – $10,000 in Amazon Web Services credits from AWS Activate
- Community – One year membership to FounderSociety.co or YEC.co
- Finance – One year of Bookkeeping and Accounting Management from Smartbooks
- Strategy – Strategic Business Plan development & Executive coaching from Crews Coaching Group
- Technology – One year of Managed DevOps Accelerator from G2 Technology Group
- Web – One year of Managed Website Services from WhatArmy
Complete prize package details can be found here.
So go forth and read the rules and regulations, because submissions are due before midnight April 30th, 2016. Good luck! We look forward to seeing your IDEA!
Boston’s Big IDEA Timeline:
Here is a list of all the important dates you need to know about Boston’s Big IDEA:
- January 1, 2016: Boston’s Big IDEA is open for applications. Qualifying start-ups and entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply.
- April 30, 2016 at 11:59:59 pm: Application deadline. This is the last date to enter Boston’s Big IDEA 2016.
- Early May 2016: Our panel of judges will review, assess and rank all eligible applications.
- May 13, 2016: The top ten finalists will be announced. The most innovative entrants will each be invited to the Finalist Judging Panel. See the finalists here!
- June 1, 2016: Final Judging. The top 10 finalists will pitch their big idea to our panel of expert judges.
- June 23, 2016: Boston’s Big IDEA Award Ceremony.