There are a number of cloud providers today in the technology space; however Amazon Web Services continues to rule the roost regardless of the highly publicized cloud rivalry among AWS, Microsoft, Oracle and Google. AWS made number one on the list of Top 10 Cloud Computing Providers at SearchCloudComputing.com for 2010, 2011 and 2012 consecutively. AWS has not only been providing cloud services to small, medium and large businesses but it has also extended its services to another planet. NASA’s Mars Mission was fueled by Amazon Web Services to manage the flow of information and imagery that transmissions to and from the Earth carried. Moreover, AWS recently won a $600 Million cloud deal when CIA chose Amazon Web Services over IBM to develop a version of its public cloud that runs inside the CIA’s data center.
Not enough incentive yet to choose AWS? Read on!
What makes AWS a leader in cloud technology?
- AWS has been prioritizing cloud data security over the years using the federal approach to security drills along with firm adherence to internationally recognized standards and protocols. These best practices ensure that information is protected in a systematic manner keeping everyone on the same page, irrespective of the geographic location.
- AWS employees are provided with access to customer systems only on an as needed basis, reducing chances of human error.
- AWS ensures that no old hard drive is ever disposed intact.
- AWS holds surprise inspections to see if security staff is maintaining their performance.
- AWS guarantees a 24×7 availability of their operations, constantly updating their system to verify that customers are always up and running.
- For developers looking to create and sell SaaS applications, AWS is the strongest choice in the cloud technology market due to its broad base of developer experience.
- Gartner’s magic quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service places AWS as a leader in cloud computing with a pure vision of highly automated, cost effective IT proficiencies delivered in a timely, flexible manner.
- From this quadrant, AWS is clearly the market share leader with more than five times the compute capacity in use than the aggregate total of the other fourteen providers. (Source: Gartner)
- AWS has one of the richest IaaS product portfolios and it is continuously growing its offerings as well as slashing prices to stay ahead in the game.
- With one of the largest pools of capacity, AWS is the most suitable service for batch computing.
- AWS has a very large technology partner ecosystem. Numerous software vendors have specially licensed and packaged their software to operate on EC2, which eases deployment and excludes some of the difficulties associated with licensing software to run in the cloud. Its API is supported by many third parties that provide associate management tools. (Source: Gartner)
Although AWS is not directly involved in the hybrid on-premises cloud business, it has partners like G2 Technology Group that can offer such solutions.
G2 Technology Group is an AWS consulting partner and a premier managed IT and managed cloud service provider. G2 Technology Group has been instrumental in helping small-medium size businesses achieve their business goals through implementation of best practices in IT.
Contact us today if you wish to streamline your business processes, improve efficiency and scalability of your IT systems and reduce costs! http://www.g2techgroup.com/contact/